le book review number fifty-nine~ when it happens

Monday 20 August 2012

| | |
title: when it happens
author: susane colasanti
personal star rating: 2.9 stars

from the back cover:
"Seniors in high school, Sara and Tobey couldn't be more different. She is focused on getting into her first-choice college; he wants to win Battle of the Bands. Sara's other goal is to find true love, so when Dave, a popular jock, asks her out, she's thrilled. But then there's Tobey. His amazing blue eyes and quirky wit always creep into her thoughts. Lucky for Sara, one of Tobey's goals is also to make her fall in love with him. Told in alternating points of view, Sara and Tobey's real connection will have everyone rooting for them from the minute they meet!"

thoughts on the cover:
It is pretty basic. I liked the idea of it when I bought the book, but the actual picture doesn't seem right for the book after reading.

review:
I read this book weeks ago but didn't get around to actually writing a review. I felt that it wasn't memorable (and you may argue that it is because I didn't write a review right away (and you maybe be a little right)) but even as I read, the events just weren't as exciting as I would have liked. It was a nice enough filler book for the summer but it wasn't really worth the time in the end. I originally really didn't like how it ended, but now I'm apathetic. It would be interesting to see what I think after a second read, but for now I'm going to put it on a shelf.

0 comments:

Post a Comment