memorable moments number nine~ tuesdays with morrie

Sunday 8 April 2012

| | |
memorable moments:
tuesdays with morrie
by mitch albom
page: 4
"...when he smiles it's as if you'd just told him the first joke on earth."

xxx
page 12:
"He was intent on proving that the word 'dying' was not synonymous with 'useless.'

xxx
page 40:
"So which side wins, I ask?
'Which side wins?'
He smiles at me, the crinkled eyes, the crooked teeth.
'Love wins. Love always wins.'

xxx
page 51:
"'One day, I'm gonna show you it's okay to cry.'"

xxx
page 57:
"How useful it would be to put a daily limit on self-pity."

xxx
page 61:
"'You see,' he says to the girl, 'you closed your eyes. That was the difference. Sometimes you cannot believe what you see, you have to believe what you feel. And if you are ever going to have other people trust you, you must feel that you can trust them, too - even when you're in the dark. Even when you're falling.'"

xxx
page 63:
"And I suppose tapes, like photographs and videos, are a desperate attempt to steal something from death's suitcase."

xxx
page 65:
"We all need teachers in our lives."

xxx
page 79:
"'A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops.'"
 - Henry Adams

xxx
page 80:
"'Let's being with this idea,' Morrie said. 'Everyone knows they're going to die, but nobody believes it.'"

xxx
page 82:
"'The truth is, Mitch,' he said, 'once you learn how to die, you learn how to live.'"

xxx
page 157:
"'In the beginning of life, when we are infants, we need others to survive, right? And at the end of life, when you get like me, you need others to survive, right?'
His voice dropped to a whisper. 'But here's the secret: in between, we need others as well."

xxx
page 164:
"'Forgive yourself before you die. Then forgive others.'"

xxx
page 170:
"'Tell you what. After I'm dead, you talk. And I'll listen.'"

xxx
page 174:
"'Death ends a life, not a relationship.'"

xxx
page 178:
"'In business, people negotiate to win. They negotiate to get what they want. Maybe you're too used to that. Love is different. Love is when you are as concerned about someone else's situation as you are about your own.'"

4 comments:

Brittany said...

I loved this book. My favourite quote from the ones you have up there is the "'The truth is, Mitch,' he said, 'once you learn how to die, you learn how to live.'" For my class, my teacher required that we read it. There are quite a few awesome lines in this book. Mitch Albom writes books that really make you think about death and life and living. I am glad that you reviewed this novel!

Becca said...

The way he writes things so honestly and gives you things to think about is amazing and admirable. I really love this book and recommend it to anyone.

Neha Sharma said...

This book was suggested to me bya good friend, and I was eager to read it since quite sometime. but I was never into reading books
But one fine day ordered it from flipkart n got it in few days
The book teaches about life, anger issues etc
The book as ur reading it wil take u to the place makin u engrossed in it

The book keeps u engrossed
I finished reading the entire book in 6 hours
And the books has definitely made me better
The teaching in the book n the relationship of the writer n the his teacher in the book of the teacher's last days. Will literary make anyone nostalgic n take u to trip down memory lane

Becca said...

I definitely agree that the book has a lot of important teachings in it. I've read this book more than once and each time it has caused me to feel many things. Thank you for commenting, I'm glad this book meant so much to you! :)

Post a Comment