le book review number thirty-seven~ the missing piece meets the Big O

Sunday 15 April 2012

| | |
title: the missing piece meets the big O
author: shel silverstein
personal star rating: 5/5 stars

from the inside cover:
The missing piece sat alone
waiting for someone
to come along
and take it somewhere . . .


The different ones it encounters - and what it discovers in its helplessness - are portrayed with simplicity and compassion in the words and drawings of Shel Silverstein.

A companion book to The Missing Piece, Shel Silverstein has captured so much in so little. A story that will touch anyone, this book is full of so much. I absolutely loved reading this book and I can honestly say I believe that this will leave you with a tear in your eye and a swell in your heart. This was beautifully written and told with such a pure voice and you won't be able to help falling in love.

2 comments:

Brittany said...

I really enjoy Shel Silverstein books. The book I really enjoyed when I was younger was the giving tree. I liked this story because it has such a strong message about how we have to do things on our own. You are completely right in saying that it will leave you with a tear in your eye and a swell in your heart. It did to mine. It really shows you that we can all overcome adversity and we all have the power to change our lives and make a difference in the world! Very moving book review. I really enjoy the diversity of the books that you review!

Becca said...

This comment is beautiful <3 Thank you so much. The Giving Tree is a wonderful, meaningful book. I adore it immensely as well.

Post a Comment