le book review number thirty-six~ the missing piece

Sunday 15 April 2012

| | |
title: the missing piece
author: shel silverstein
personal star rating: 5/5 stars

from the inside cover:
It was missing a piece.
And it was not happy.
So it set off in search
of its missing piece.
And as it rolled
it sang this song - 
 Oh I'm lookin' for my missin' piece
 I'm lookin' for my missin' piece
 Hi-dee-ho, here I go,
Lookin' for my missin' piece.

What it finds on its search for the missing piece is simply and touchingly told in this fable that gently probes the nature of quest and fulfillment.

They say less is more and nothing could be more true in terms of this book. Brilliantly written, Shel Silverstein captures the true essence of a quest. Illustrated with simple drawings and black and white colour, this book is astoundingly full of impact. I think this is a must-read for anyone of any age. The meaning of the story will make you think and it will leave something with you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment