le book review number thirty-four~ horton hatches the egg

Sunday 15 April 2012

| | |
title: horton hatches the egg
author: Dr. Seuss
personal star rating: 4/5 stars

When Mayzie the bird decides she needs a vacation from sitting on her egg, Horton passes by and she asks him to stay on her nest so she can take a break. Horton says this:
"You want a vacation. Go fly off and take it.
I'll sit on your egg and I'll try not to break it.
I'll stay and be faithful. I mean what I say."
"Toodle-oo!" sand out Mayzie and fluttered away.

Horton sat and sat and then he has the adventure that he would never expect. He stays with the egg through all types of weather.
He says to himself,
"I meant what I said
And I said what I meant . . .
An elephant's faithful
One hundred per cent!"

Although he was laughed at he refused to break his promise. This says a lot about Horton's loyalty. I adored reading this book and think it's a great follow up about Horton.

0 comments:

Post a Comment