le book review number thirty-three~ horton hears a who

Sunday 15 April 2012

| | |
title: horton hears a who
author: Dr. Seuss
personal star rating: 5/5 stars

Horton the elephant is a large animal with an even bigger heart. He believes that everyone is someone despite their size. I find this to be very cute and fun and shows that everyone is somebody.

Even though nobody can see the Whos on the little speck of dust, Horton heard them and made it his mission to keep them from harm.

But with a kangaroo who at first refuses to believe, Horton has to come to their rescue on more than one occasion. And Horton proves that sometimes you just have to listen really hard to hear what's right in front of you.

memorable moments from this book are:


"I'll just have to save him. Because, after all,
A person's a person, no matter how small."


"I've got to protect them. I'm bigger than they."

"While Horton chased after, with groans, over stones
That tattered his toenails and battered his bones,
And begged, 'Please don't harm all my little folks, who
Have as much right to live as us bigger folks do!'"

"'Of course.' Horton answered. 'Of course I will stick.
I'll stick by you small folks through thin and through thick!'"

0 comments:

Post a Comment