le book review number thirty~ the lorax

Sunday 15 April 2012

| | |
title: the lorax
author: Dr. Seuss
personal star rating: 5/5 stars

I was at the library on Saturday afternoon and was looking for books for a school assignment. It involved analyzing a children's book. I ended up taking out several books just for fun. So here we go.

I adored reading this book. I watched the movie when it came out and reading this book was just amazing. I think everyone should pick up this book and enjoy sitting around reading it for a few minutes. It's nice to just read it aloud for the fun of it.

It's a touching story about saving the trees. It's a must read for anyone, and anyone can enjoy it.

A few wonderful, amazing, and memorable moments are as follows:

"I laughed at the Lorax, 'You poor stupid guy!
You never can tell what some people will buy.'"

"I, the Once-ler, felt sad
as I watched them all go.
BUT...
business is business!
And business must grow..."

"I meant no harm. I most truly did not.
But I had to grow bigger. So bigger I got."

"And all that the Lorax left here in the mess
was a small pile of rocks, with one word . . .
'UNLESS.'"

"'But now,' says the Once-ler,
'Now that you're here,
the word of the Lorax seems perfectly clear.
UNLESS someone like you
cares a whole awful lot,
nothing is going to get better.
It's not."

0 comments:

Post a Comment