le book review number seventy-seven~ Prisoner B-3087

Wednesday 13 March 2013

| | |
Title: Prisoner B-3087
Author: Alan Gratz
Standalone
Personal Star Rating: 4/5 stars

From the Back Cover:
I looked out through the cracks of the crawl space. Goeth was coming closer  all shining black leather boots and crisp black uniforms. One of his dogs lifted its ears and looked right at me.
I pulled back, away from the wall."We're trapped. We have to get out of there." I was almost choking on my own fear.
"And go where?" Thomas hissed. "If we leave, they'll find us in the barrack!"
"I don't care. We can't be caught here."
I pushed my way up and out of the crawl space. I gasped, filling my lungs. I had to move quickly. My heart was thumping, but it made me feel alive, and feeling alive made me want to stay alive.

Thoughts on the Title:
I think the title is really representative and part of the reason why I picked this book up.

Comments on the Cover:
The cover was what really drew me towards the book. I had the option of buying this book for a reasonable price but decided to read it from the library instead. The cover is what really made me want to read it.

Review:
I found this book to be really good. The book is based on the true story of a young Jewish boy and his transportation throughout concentration camps during World War II. In the beginning of reading this book, I was unsure how the book was going to progress. I found the pace was really quick and almost hard to keep up to as Yanek was moved from one camp to the next. This made the description seem hurried and rushed. I don't like rating books when they are true/ based on truth because it makes me feel like i'm rating a person's life. I found that the book seemed to be aimed at a younger audience (which was fine) but as a result seemed to lack in terms of some of the horrors that were experienced in concentration camps. Overall, I thought this book was worth reading once. I don't see myself buying this book because there are a lot of really good war books out there that I personally have enjoyed or found more meaning for me, but I do think this was a good book.

3 comments:

Brittany said...

Really good book review. I really appreciate that you don't rate books that are based on true stories. Keep on reviewing books.

Becca said...

Thank you so much :) I appreciate the comment. I did rate the book, however, I'm not as critical in terms of plot when it's truth.

Anonymous said...

eat my ass u bitch

Post a Comment