le book review number sixty-eight~ the carnivorous carnival

Sunday 13 January 2013

| | |
title: the carnivorous carnival
author: lemony snicket
series: a series of unfortunate events (#9)
personal star rating: 5/5 stars

from the back cover:
Dear Reader,
The word, "carnivorous," which appears in the title of this book, means "meat-eating," and once you have read such a bloodthirsty word, there is no reason to read any further. This carnivorous volume contains such a distressing story that consuming any of its contents would be far more stomach-turning than even the most imbalanced meal.
To avoid causing discomfort, it would be best if I didn't mention any of the unnerving ingredients of the story, particularly a confusing map, an ambidextrous person, an unruly crowd, a wooden plank, and Chabo the Wolf Baby.
Sadly for me, my time is filled with researching and recording the displeasing and disenchanting lives of the Baudelaire orphans. But your time might be better filled with something more palatable, such as eating your vegetables, or feeding them to someone else.
With all due respect,
Lemony Snicket

first sentence:
"When my workday is over, and I have closed my notebook, hidden my pen, and sawed holes in my rented canoe so that it cannot be found, I often like to spend the evening in conversation with my few surviving friends."

review:
As the Baudelaire orphans fool the "master of disguise", they begin work as freaks at the carnival. Uncovering more and more secrets, the mystery continues. We see how the children are growing, especially Sunny, and I'm just really excited over these books.

0 comments:

Post a Comment