le book review number thirty~ Crucial Conversations: Tools for Talking When Stakes are High

Sunday 3 July 2016

| | |
11406473Title: Crucial Conversations: Tools for Talking When Stakes are High
Author: Kerry Patterson, Joseph Grenny, Ron McMillan, Al Switzler
Standalone
Paperback
Pages: 230
Genre: Business, Non-fiction, Communication, Self-Help
Year First Published: 2001
Year of Publication: 2012
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Education
Personal Star Rating: 4.5/5 stars

Brief description from the back cover:
This new edition gives you the tools to:
Prepare for high-stakes situations
Transform anger and hurt feelings into powerful dialogue
Make it safe to talk about almost anything
Be persuasive, not abrasive

Cover Comments:
The red is effective. I like the inclusion of arrows as representation of two way conversation.

Title Thoughts:
The title is descriptive, and effective.

Review:
This book was recommended to me by one of my roommates after having to read it for one of her business classes in University. I had been talking to her about a difficult conversation where I ended up reverting to silence instead of creating dialogue to encourage effective communication. She suggested that I read this book in order to gain perspective and perhaps utilize the format that is outlined. Although focused on workplace conversations, this book definitely has helped me in my everyday conversations. Although I still revert to silence occasionally, I have improved on this aspect. Hopefully I will be able to continue working on my communication skills in order to effectively discussion crucial conversations with others, and create a situation that all people are able to share their ideas in a safe way.

0 comments:

Post a Comment