le book review number five~ Fallen

Tuesday 11 October 2011

| | |
Book Title: Fallen
Author: Lauren Kate
Personal Star Rating: 4/5 stars

When I began to read this book, I wasn't sure what to expect. It was very mysterious and although I still don't quite know what happened, it works well with the book. This book has such rich vocabulary. The words were very descriptive and the words weren't ordinary and you don't see them everyday.

The character Luce is a unique character and the addition of the supernatural  made the story very interesting. Penn was a very open character. Her presence was such an important part to have reality mixed in such a strange place. Gabbe seemed like a typical enemy when it came to jealousy, but we get to see what is really going on. Arianne was hysterical. I don't know if I should have laughed but her personality seemed very easy going, carefree and comical. Cam was portrayed in a nicer light than Daniel originally, but as the book progressed we could see their true nature.

Summary: Two boys fighting over the same girl at a school for those thought to be insane. What could go wrong. The feud between Cam and Daniel extends far beyond just a love triangle. Lucinda Price, a teenager accused of arson that led to the loss of life was an incident that nobody thinks she isn't guilty. Her parents send her to a school where it is supposed to help, and it leads to her finding out who she really is.

The ending was surprising in some ways but then expected in others. I could tell that something supernatural was involved but I didn't know what it was going to be.

The story line itself was very mysterious. I wasn't sure where the climax was coming throughout the novel, and I still don't know exactly what happened. It was a bit confusing because Luce didn't understand but I as the reader could. I do however look forward to the sequel to find out what is going to happen with Daniel, Cam and Luce.

0 comments:

Post a Comment