le book review number eighty-eight~ the walking dead, single issue #1

Monday 26 May 2014

| | |
Title: The Walking Dead, Issue 1
Author: Robert Kirkman
Illustrator: Tony Moore
Series: The Walking Dead
Pages: 26 pages
Year Published: 2003
4.5 stars

Cover Comments:
I really like the cover. It accurately represents what the comic is about. I think the shades of more subtle, subdued colours is very enhancing and a great feature.

Title Thoughts:
The title is accurate for the content of the comic.

Review:
I actually read this comic a couple months ago, and started writing the review around the same time. I've watched almost all the shows from the television series and I enjoyed them. Since I had to read some of these comics for my English class as required reading, I decided I would read the other ones as well because they are very interesting. I will definitely be reading more in this series of comic books. They're a quick read which is really nice because you can grab one and know you'll finish it over a morning coffee (if you'd like to begin your day with zombies that is).

Rick, after being in a coma, wakes up to a very changed world. The comic series is his journey as he searches for survival after everything changes while he was not conscious. I am really looking forward to continuing this series (and I have made some progress through this series in the past couple months).

Also, as a side note, I know that it has been a LONG time since I've made updates on the blog. I'd like to thank everyone for their patience and I hope to keep this updated more frequently now that I have some more time!

0 comments:

Post a Comment