le book review number three~ Pretty Little Liars

Sunday 11 September 2011

| | |
Book Title: Pretty Little Liars
Author: Sara Shepard
My Personal Star Rating: 4/5 stars


I came across this book in the school library. A few of my friends had read it, and I have watched the television show, so I decided to give it a try. I really thought it was well written. It's not as stereotypical as many books about teenager girls, and the characters are people you can relate to, and can notice similarities with real people around you.


I thought the idea of a girl gone missing was very unique. And teenagers know the meaning of secret. The magnitude of the secrets that Aria, Emily, Hanna, and Spencer have give you a fantastic sense of what these four girls have done in their past,  what they going to do about it now in the future since what they have tried their best to put behind them, is coming back to haunt them.


I think the separation of each chapter lets you live through each individual character and get to know what they think and feel. The power that Ali still has over them shows through and it's a great story about best friends growing apart and what they will have coming later. This is a series, and I will be definitely be reading the others.


I really thought this was a great read, and I'd recommend it to fans of the show, and avid teen book readers. I think that some references in the book should be cautioned depending on what you feel is 'wrong' in a book, but overall, it's a really good read.

0 comments:

Post a Comment