le book review number eighteen~ flawless

Sunday 4 March 2012

| | |
Title: Flawless
Author: Sara Shepard
Personal Star Rating: 3/5

I wasn't sure if I was going to give it 2.5 or 3 but settled on three.

From the back cover:
Four pretty little liars have been very bad girls.

Spencer stole her sister's boyfriend. Aria is brokenhearted over her English teacher. Emily likes her new friend Maya . . . as much more than a friend. Hanna's obsession with looking flawless is maker her sick. And their most horrible secret yet is so scandalous that the truth would ruin them forever.
And why shouldn't I tell? They deserve to lose it all. Wither every crumpled note, wicked IM, and vindictive text message I send, I'll be taking these pretty little liars down. Trust me, I've got enough dirt to bury them alive.
- A

First sentence: "You know that boy who lives a few doors down from you who's just the creepiest person alive?"

Why three stars compared to the four from the first book? The characters just weren't as exciting as I remembered them. I still liked the writing style and the four person point of view gives you insight into each life of the four girls, but I wasn't as happy as I was with the first book. I think the orange cover makes the book stand out but that's the most stand out it gets. I must admit before i continue that I have watched the television series so my opinion has probably changed as a result of that and the outcome of some events ring true to a lot of what has happened on the show. I still like reading these books because it's nice to compare the book to the show and see what the author had intended for things.

0 comments:

Post a Comment