le book review number twenty-two~ the girl with the dragon tattoo

Tuesday 27 March 2012

| | |
title: the girl with the dragon tattoo
author: stieg larsson
personal star rating: 4/5 stars

from the back cover:
"Harriet Vanger, scion of one of Sweden's wealthiest families, disappeared over forty years ago. All these years later, her aged uncle continues to seek the truth. He hires Mikael Blomkvist, a crusading journalist recently trapped by a libel conviction, to investigate. He is aided by the pierced and tattooed punk prodigy Lisbeth Salander. Together they tap into a vein of unfathomable iniquity and astonishing corruption.


first sentence:
"It happened every year, was almost a ritual."

I borrowed the first two books from a family friend at least 3 months ago. I read about 50 pages and put it down. I picked it up again and read it straight through.

To best describe these books i would have to say they're challenging, suspenseful, long, and a bit mature. But overall, thrilling and captivating. The characters and intertwined plot have such an impact. When i first started reading it was difficult to get into. But when you are first introduced to the mystery I knew I had to figure out what would happen next. I found Lisbeth Salandar to be so mysterious and catching. Everything draws you in to a point that you have to see where everything leads. There are so many plot twists and turns that you don't expect. I really did enjoy this book and I look forward to reading the rest of the trilogy. I'd recommend this to an older audience due to subject matter.

0 comments:

Post a Comment