le book review number twenty-three~ the girl who played with fire

Thursday 29 March 2012

| | |
title: the girl who played with fire
author: stieg larsson
star rating: 5/5 stars

from the back cover:
"Crusading publisher Mikael Blomkvist has decided to run an explosive expose of a wide-ranging sex trafficking operation. Just before the piece is published, the two reporters responsible are murdered. The fingerprints on the murder weapon belong to his friend, the troubled hacker genius Lisbeth Salander. Blomkvist, convinced of Salander's innocence, plunges into an investigation. Meanwhile, Lisbeth herself is drawn into a murderous game of cat and mouse, and is forced to face her dark past.


Cover:
I think the cover is intriguing. I find the colours and texture given are great elements. The title taking the whole book looks amazing. I definitely was more attracted to this book than the first in the series based on the cover and especially the colours. I found it to match the title but as for the book itself it doesn't explain a ton about it.

First sentence:
"She lay on her back fastened by leather straps to a narrow bed with a steel frame."

Stieg Larsson's Millennium trilogy shows how interconnected events can so beautifull form an intricately woven mystery novel. It might be that I've gotten used to the writing style, it could be I'm more attached to the characters or it might be the change in topic so the focus is on Lisbeth and what happens with her that I found this to be a better book overall. I loved the first book but did find it to be more challenging. I thought the focus was more direct and I could see where the author was going as we learn the truth. I have not read as many books that have a more adult feel to them but I really am awestruck with how all the ends tie up and everything is perfectly flawless in the way it is delivered when you reach the last page. This book leaves you wanting more - you have to read the next book. I look forward to seeing what happens.

0 comments:

Post a Comment