le book review number fourty-eight~ life, the universe, and everything

Thursday 14 June 2012

| | |
title: life, the universe and everything
author: douglas adams
series/standalone: series - the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy book #3
personal star rating: 4/5 stars

from the back cover:
The Answer is Forty-two... so what was the Question?
Since the improbable became a way of life for Arthur Dent, he's not surprised to find himself stranded on prehistoric Earth in a miserable cave. But when he hitches a ride out of the past and finds himself back where he started, he begins to wonder whether his life is ever going to make sense.


As the fate of the entire universe rests in his hands, Arthur is about to discover a secret about life, the universe and everything - it's really staggeringly, stupidly unfair.


The third book in Douglas Adams's legendary Hitchhiker's Guide trilogy plays fast and loose with facts, face and physics and is, like the universe itself, infinitely funny.

Note: I liked this cover better than the cover from the book I read.

first sentence:
"The regular early morning yell if horror was the sound of Arthur Dent waking up and suddenly remembering where he was."

review:
I'd like to say I enjoyed this book immensely. However, I did not. Maybe it's because I've had so much to study that I haven't had the time to enjoy these books and thoroughly enjoy them, it's more "I have to finish this before the end of the school year or I'll have to wait until September." But they are really good books, I can't figure out why I'm not enjoying them as much as I want to. Maybe my expectations were too high. Anyway, these are good books. Read them.

2 comments:

E Claire said...

I love this series. It's so random and clever. c:

Becca said...

very much so. it was well worth reading (:

Post a Comment