le book review number fifty-four~ i am the messenger

Thursday 12 July 2012

| | |
title: i am the messenger
author: markus zusak
series/ standalone: standalone
personal star rating: 5/5 stars

from the back cover:
Ed Kennedy is an underage cabdriver without much of a future. He's pathetic at playing cards, hopelessly in love with his best friend, Audrey, and utterly devoted to his coffee-drinking dog, the Doorman. His life is one of peaceful routine and incompetence until he inadvertently stops a bank robbery.
That's when the first ace arrives in the mail.
That's when Ed becomes the messenger.
Chosen to care, he makes his way through town helping and hurting (when necessary) until only one question remains: Who's behind Ed's mission?


first sentence:
"the gunman is useless."

review:
I am the messenger is amazing. Markus Zusak is amazing. I've had I am the messenger for a long time. I hadn't picked it up because of reluctance (because I was expecting great things), but more because I read the Book Thief and I didn't want disappointment. But I was not disappointed. I was completely surprised with how truly marvelous this book is. The characters were all so original, so well described, and the description of all the situations were at their finest. Humor and emotion combine to make this an unforgettable, life-changing, new perspective of life giving, fabulous novel. It had an ending that wasn't anticipated and I will be in awe of this novel. I would read it again this instant. I recommend this book wholeheartedly.

0 comments:

Post a Comment