le book review number fourty-five~ the restaurant at the end of the universe

Thursday 31 May 2012

| | |
title: the restaurant at the end of the universe
author: douglas adams
series: the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy (book #2)
pages: 200 pages
personal star rating: 3/5 stars

from the back of the book:
"When all questions of space, time, matter and the nature of being have been resolved, only one question remains - 'Where shall we have dinner?' The Restaurant at the End of the Universe provides the ultimate gastronomic experience, and for once there is no morning after to worry about.

first line:
"The story so far:
 In the beginning the Universe was created."

review:
I found I like specific parts of the book but overall, it just wasn't as good as it seemed. I thought I really really liked this series but I'm not so sure now. I think the series is well written but at times it gets boring with the way it's described. But at the same time, the way it is written is so captivating of the events, it's just the events aren't as interesting as I would have hoped. I love the writing style, and I love the way the author describes everything but the actual events lead up to a disappointing point. I don't know if I was just expecting something more, something else entirely, or I just wasn't expecting anything but I don't know what to make of this book. I found it to be less memorable than I anticipated. I honestly think it deserves the 3 stars for writing with a clear voice, intriguing ideas and having great characters but the two star loss is from the actual events - they just didn't impact me overall.

0 comments:

Post a Comment