le book review number one hundred one~ Eleanor & Park

Wednesday 11 May 2016

| | |
22396149Title: Eleanor & Park
Author: Rainbow Rowell
Standalone
Hardcover
Pages: 325
Year First Published: 2013
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Personal Star Rating: 5/5

Description:
Set over the course of one school year in 1986, this is the story of two star-crossed misfits - smart enough to know that first love almost never lasts, but brave and desperate enough to try. When Eleanor meets Park, you'll remember your own first love - and just how hard it pulled you under.

Cover Comments:
I think to cover is perfect. It feels like you're sitting behind them on the bus as they sit listening to the tapes and I like how the cord forms the ampersand sign.

Title Thoughts:
It's a beautiful title. It showcases how the story is written about these two teenagers and that their story is the focus.

Review:
I bought this book a couple years ago (when this edition was released), but I hadn't read it until now because I was nervous. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but I know that it was recommended to me by a friend who praised it highly. I'm glad that I waited to read this though, because I felt so much more because I could relate my own experiences to this book that I didn't have when I first bought it. I am glad that I bought the exclusive collector's edition because the fanart inside is a beautiful addition.
Eleanor and Park are both written in such an honest, raw, real way. I found myself drawn to their story, and it provoked real emotions in me that I was not expecting, but that showed how important this was for me to read.
I'm so happy that I read this book and it is one of the most emotionally impacting books that I've read in quite a while.

0 comments:

Post a Comment